This is the new Linky tool,and would be really grateful if you would follow me.

Friday, 14 February 2014

MIX AND MATCH

Hi guys,hope you are all safe whilst I am typing,this the wind is now getting up and the rain not far behind.
So stay safe guys,well I just popped onto my blog,and found out that the lovely Brenda,and her grandchildren,had chosen,my last post of my,altered book as one of her favorites,for the week. Along with,some other really talented,people,so too see mine,there among the rest of them really took me by surprise,and I am really really chuffed.
 So Brenda my lovely bless your heart,and thank you so so much.
Know its daft but honest guys,for you too like my work honest really does make me, so chuffed to hear such lovely words,of encouragement,as when you are surrounded by comments of what a load of,crap,only,thing that wants,doing is putting in the bin.  To hear,your words,well as you can,see really does make it all worth while.

 Anyway this week is a bit,different working on a 8 by 8 canvas,using,my hand made,texture paste,and then,using all the bits from my stash,plus some more,clay shapes,and of course distress inks too. 
So here is my first creation.


So I started with a black canvas,then,used some gesso,to get it all ready.  Took my texture paste,then,used some cogs,as a stencil,for the background.  Then just added some paste at the bottom,and embedded some embellishments,to them. Then,I took,tattered ,straw,and spiced marmalade to cover the canvas.
Then took some square foam pads added those to the canvas,buttons.Used modge podge mold to make embellishments,painted those and added to canvas.
Then i took a circle and mounted it onto foam,then found a metal frame thing from an old bottle like jam jar,covered it with modge podge,then painted it. Cut piece,plastic from some packaging,added image from graphic 45 sealed it behind the plastic.  Then added cameo,and placed it into tiny frame. Again used foam pads,sealed them then carefully wrote time on face.
Then finally added bots of graphic 45 papers words to canvas,then sealed it.
oh craft are MS Mold.
Sorry bit long,hope I covered it all for you.

Next something completely different,a card I made for my son's partner as its her birthday next week.




ingredients,Topper and card hunky dory,die tonic,plus tonic flourish,tattered lace,flourish,spellbinders butterfly. I used tonic heart border punch to make my tiny vases,adding flowers etc.
Then used white spiders web,to add texture some pearls.hunky dory letters.  Then finally I made the origami flower to finish.

Right promise that is it,thanks again everyone for all your support hugs cheryl xx

18 comments:

brenda said...

The rain has indeed arrived her at the other side of Cambridge Cheryl and looks like it's setting in for a rough spell again.

It was a pleasure to highlight your artwork yesterday. There are so many talented crafters out there such as yourself with so many different styles and part of my idea was to be able to share some of them with people outside their normal blogging circles.

And today post again highlights your unique crafting talent.

B x

rachel said...

such a wonderful canvas Cheryl - the texture is fab and well done on being picked by Brenda in the first week - wonderful. Lovely card too hun! Hugs rachel x

Doreen said...

Love both your gorgeous creations Cheryl.xxx

Chrissy said...

Your canvas is fantastic Cheryl..love all the textures and colours and a gorgeous Birthday card..beautiful flower and such a sweet image..take care..

luv CHRISSYxx

Kat said...

Stunning canvas Cheryl. I love all that texture. And a beautiful birthday card with that stunning flower and cute image.

Take care,

Kat xx

Debs said...

Beautiful canvas Cheryl - so much texture and detail. Your card is gorgeous too - embellished so beautifully - especially love the origami flower :o)
Take care
Debs xx

Sue said...

Your creations always amaze me Cheryl! Your canvas is wonderful, full of detail and texture. Such a gorgeous card too, adorable image and beautiful embellishments.
I am so pleased that Brenda showcased your wonderful work.
Hugs Sue xx

Irene said...

WOW I missed a few stunning creations Cheryl! Congrats on Brenda picking you, well deserved sweetie!
I LOVE those tiny vases, what a brilliant idea!!!

Have a nice, warm and dry weekend.
xx Irene

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

As usual, a visit to your blog has left me smiling. What gorgeousness x

Sherryn said...

great to see your projects. gorgeous canvas and card xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic creations with great elements. Love the flowers.

Karen Petitt said...

Your creativity is astonishing Cheryl and you are not producing rubbish, please don't take any notice of anyone saying that - because your work is wonderful and very inspiring.
Both of these are wonderful and both show how talented you are and how you can jump from one style to the next without even blinking. You know I love the owls, got to get me that mould soon. But I have a weakness for birds in general - love using them on my creations.
It is kicking off here something wicked! The power has gone a couple of times and the wind and rain. I am so very glad to be warm and dry. Take care sweetie xx

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous designs Cheryl. Some people just don't understand art and artists do they? You carry on creating and making your wonderful work xx

Ira Huberts said...

Your creations are awesome Cheryl! So don't you allow people telling you otherwise!! After all crafting is all about expressing yourself, isn't it and that's what you're good at my friend! Big hugs, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner

Crafting Queen said...

Two great creations, lovely colours and textures. Have a great weekend.

heidy said...

Both gorgeous crations Cheryl!!
XXX Heidy

vicki said...

Hi Cheryl wow your canvas art is gorgeous and I agree with everyone don't listen to people telling you otherwise my friend you are very creative :)
Hugs to you
Vic x

Jackie said...

A great canvas, Cheryl, and that card is just adorable!