This is the new Linky tool,and would be really grateful if you would follow me.

Tuesday, 11 February 2014

More creativity

Morning guys,hope you are all well,bless your heart for all the lovely kind comments,and messages,you guys,sure know how,to make someone feel special,you have no idea how amazing it is to be back,blogging.

Well I found this,kind of book in a shop it opens so you can store things in it,so I bought it took it home,and altered it as you do so this is what i came up with.
                         This is the spine of the book.
                      This is a couple of pictures of,the cover,

Ingredients,I used.Papers from my scrap box home made texture paste,slightly,thinner so this made it crack,bottom right corner,used through a mask.
Die cut bird,flowers,from my cricut,spellbinders key Inspire cut from Cricut. Then I just played with some paper,rolled it to make vase for my flowers,twirled some paper too,and added.
Then added a tim holtz lamp post some one sent me ages ago stamped onto that. Used black gesso to cover the book.
   Then just added some charms to finish.
   Then sealed it all with semi gloss gesso.
 oh the wee owl,bird nest,butterflies and wee birds were made from cley in a mould.
The spine of the book i embossed gold mirror board and sanded it back .
I am going to enter this into brenda, s celebration candy, she asks what is your favourite craft item and how often you use it. I tend to use my distress inks daily. Plus my spellbinders especially my keys love my keys. As there are so many different styles of things you can use them for.


   Hope you like it massive hugs to you all love cheryl xxx
brenda's celebration
http://stamping-fantasies.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/5th-blogaversary-celebration.html

31 comments:

Kathyk said...

Faberoony, looks like you had a blast making this project too

Kathyk

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Cheryl.x

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful altered book. Have a great day.

Pam said...

Gorgeous Cheryl!! Love all the embellishments you've added to it!!

Karen Gist said...

Wow Cheryl, there is so much to look at my lovely! Its truly gorgeous, HUGS xxx

1CardCreator said...

This is gorgeous hon, what a great keepsake to keep treasured items in too! ~Diane

rachel said...

fab work cheryl - so much to look at xx

brenda said...

Goodness me Cheryl, however long did this take you I wonder but it is truly amazing.

I would love it if you joined in my Spellbinder blog celebration here
B x

Netty said...

Its a gorgeous altered book box Cheryl, somewhere to keep those special keepsakes. Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

heidy said...

This is gorgeous Cheryl!!
XXX Heidy

Claire said...

WOW you certainly have altered it - fabulous work as always hun. Hugs, Claire x

Chrissy said...

WONderful Cheryl..so many gorgeous elements..the little Owl is so cute..fabulous project..love it.

luv CHRISSYxx

Kat said...

Wow Cheryl, this is stunning. What a talented girl you are. And busy too. It's so good to have you blogging regularly again.

Take care,

Kat xx

Chris Arlington said...

Lovely creation Cheryl. Keep up the great art.

Craftyanny said...

This is just adorable Cheryl. Love the little vases with flowers in. So creative
Anne x

Sue Butler said...

Hello Cheryl
Fabulous elements on this Book cover, I love how tactile it is, would love to see it in real life.
Smiles:)
Sue

Vicky said...

Absolutely gorgeous as always sweetie, I soooooo love all the different details. Hope you are doing ok shug, take 1 day at a time.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

brenda said...

Me again Cheryl,

Thanks so much for linking up and I am totally with you on the distress inks.

Good luck when it comes to the prize draws.

B x

Rebekah said...

This is just stunning Cheryl what an awesome find and I love everything you have put on great details! hugs rebekah xx

Pop's Cards said...

This is simply gorgeous sweetie, huggles Pops x x x

Karen Petitt said...

Another stunning creation huni. The keys are gorgeous. I love the vases, and thank you for sharing how you made them, will try to remember about rolling them for stem flowers. I love the bird, butterfly, owl, leaves and flowers on this one. The fact that you can store stash in it is wonderful too.
I hope you don't mind me asking Cheryl but would love to know the maker of the owl mould. I want/need an owl mould for air dry clay/UTEE xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Saw your beautiful entry at Brenda's blog and came to check out in detail...such a stunning creation.Love the red velvety looking leaves and the beautiful textured butterfly Especially ...you are very talented!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Ira Huberts said...

That is exactly the kind of book I wouldn't leave lying there either Cheryl! Love how you altered this, gosh, all these amazing details, really lovely! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Sandy said...

Wonderful sweet Cheryl -- you have always loved altering and making way out there scenes. I do love your work and this book is fabulous. I do hope you feel better Sugar. Depression is a deep hole to get out of - did I tell you that one of the ways I have of keeping my depression at bay is to read good books. Wonderful stories really take me away from me for a while. Love all your art work Cheryl!
sandy xx

Sue said...

WOW!! This is amazing Cheryl. All your detailing looks wonderful.
Take care, sending you hugs
Sue xx

Dora said...

Wow Cheryl this is amazing, so many detail on your project. You are so creative in your creations. xx

Diane said...

Fabulous altered book idea.

Hugs Diane

Mary J said...

Stunning as always Cheryl! You use texture, colour and depth so brilliantly together!

Jackie said...

Love how you've altered it - it looks fabulous!

Patricia said...

Oh! My! Word! these creations are "awesome" I really love what you have done.
Off to scroll though again and digest
Happy Crafting

Patricia xx

Eiglas said...

Fabulous project Cheryl - your talents just go on and one - always better than before.
This is stunning Huni.
Hope you are well!
Hugs
Ei x