This is the new Linky tool,and would be really grateful if you would follow me.

Thursday, 6 March 2014

CANVAS TUTORIAL

Morning guys,well I have finished 100 order of service books for a funeral tomorrow,so I have had time to play,sorry no video yet just cant seem to get good picture.

 So I have done tutorial for you hope its okay.

Step one first I got the layout I wanted in my head and just went with it.  As you can see I took some corrugated cardboard and stuck onto the canvas using modge podge.
    Then I took some material and added that to create more texture,then at the bottom I took some netting from some oranges I bought when out shopping and added that. 
STEP 2

Next I added texture paste to the sides,using a palette knife to create more dimension and texture.  You can see the cardboard,better here too and the netting ect.  Then I added some, viles I had and some tiny beads,by just dropping them into the paste.

STEP 3
Now I am adding,the rest of the paste,and covering,the rest of the canvas with,Gesso and left overnight to dry.

STEP 4
Here I am adding the rest of my elements and just working out,how much more,texture I want, the picture is painted with a layer of,modge podge,

STEP 5
Here I am,now painting with gesso over the rest of the pieces I added,and I have also,added a stencil,on the bottom corner for more texture,and lots of tiny,beads too as this all addes to my layers. Notice,any bit of broken,embellishment works,well too.

STEP 6

Here you can see all the elemtents I added  nuts,bolts,and hinges from an old,lock,buttons,charms and were my picture is going to be I have added some flowers.  


STEP 7

Now here I am adding,my paints,I always start with the edges first then build up later if i need too,here i am using pebeo brown,paint.

FINAL PIECE.

This is a close up of one side of the canvas I added this large,bee or bug,not sure what it is,to the top of the canvas as I loved,it and thought it added something more.


This is close up of the other side of the canvas,were you can see the wheel I added,and more of the charms,the lady I added after I have finished,adding all my elements,I just swiped my brush along the edge of her to blend her into the canvas.

 Here is my final piece,I added some more flowers,butterfly's,and some feathers,then just added a few,blue flowers to finish.



Ingredients,used,
8 by 8 canvas.
modge podge,
gesso
texture paste.
cardboard.
material.
some netting from oranges,
charms,keys,viles,etc,plus bits of broken,ones too.
Beads, flowers,nuts bolts,hinges from hubby's,tool box,
the owl is,made from clay using a modge podge mould.

Paint,brown pebeo,
Pebeo Prisma fantasy chestnut 31.
Dylusions,vibrant turquoise.
And dylusions funky fushia.

So there you have it guys,hope this is okay for you should have taken more pictures,but I got so involved in,this i totally forgot hopefully I can get my,video sorted so,you can see me do it real time if that makes sense.

Anyway see you soon,now I have more spare time
,massive hugs to you all
Cheryl xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

36 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fantastic textural piece Cheryl and gorgeous opulent colours too. Great tutorial . Tracy x x

Linda Simpson said...

Stunning Cheryl, thanks for the tutorial, going to add your blog to my sidebar so I don't miss any of your posts again!

Hugs
Linda xxx

Crafting Queen said...

Great tutorial! Have a lovely day.

Judith said...

Great tutorial Cheryl - love the pop of colour - a really great textured project hugs Judith x

Irene said...

Great tutorial Cheryl (what a work!!) and a stunning project as always!!

xx Irene

Margreet said...

Great tutorial Cheryl...I can learn a lot of you....just gorgeous!
xxx Margreet

brenda said...

What a lush creation Cheryl, lovely colours and textures. And great tut as well, thanks for taking the time to share how you create these lovely pieces.

Have you been to mu blog this morning ???????

B x

Pam said...

Thanks for sharing your process Cheryl! I have a couple blank canvases around, would love to try this! Just need some paste and modge podge!!

Dorthe said...

Dear Cheryl,
First I have to say I love your header, OH it is so very lovely and beautiful...and then your canvas , so filled with things I would have never thought of for making texture ,-like the orange netting... great ideas you have, and the result so fantastic!! Thank `s for the tutorial, dear.
Dorthe, xoxo

Karen Gist said...

Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxx

rachel said...

such an amazing canvas Cheryl and thankyou so much for doing a tutorial - inspiration indeed xx

Karen Petitt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen Petitt said...

Thank you so much Cheryl for doing this tutorial. I have a few, ahem, canvas that I want to decorate but had no idea where to start - I do now - so thank you so much. The textures is fabulous xx

Terry said...

Great tutorial, Cheryl! These mixed media canvases are always such fun from start to finish! I have done a few and keep thinking to go start another! Love the finished project! Hugs!

Netty said...

Great tutorial and the results are fantabulous Cheryl. Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Kathyk said...

Glorious project and some great colours too

Kathyk

sandra carey said...

Oh my you are the Queen of Altered art My friend just out of this world I am now following you to Hugs Sandra xx

1CardCreator said...

Wow Cheryl this is absolutely stunning! I just love it to pieces! ~Diane

Carol said...

Fabulous canvas Cheryl, love all your texture. Thanks for the tutorial too. Carol x

Sue said...

Oh my! Your canvas is stunning Cheryl. The textures look amazing and I love all the elements you have added.
Thank you for such a fabulous tutorial too.
hugs Sue xx

Kim B said...

Very cool textured piece. Hope you are doing well. I was thinking of you and have missed stopping by and seeing all your wonderful artwork. Hugs, Kim B

Brenda Brown said...

Love your design steps and lots of fabulous textures xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

What a fantastic tutorial, you've made it look so easy! x

Sandy said...

Gasp, gasp! Out of this world wonderful and I am going to read and reread the steps you did. Are those homemade beads? I do love paper beads. Thanks for the tutorial Cheryl - where ever you go , I will try to follow!
sandy xx

Ira Huberts said...

You certainly mix your media extremely well Cheryl! Love the outcome, it's totally fabulous with all these amazing details!! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Claire Boelema said...

Wow this totally rocks! Thanks for sharing the techniques you use Cheryl.xxx

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! this is awesome Cheryl… so, so beautiful… I have wondered how you create your canvases… and your tutorial is fab! thanks for sharing!! you are so talented hun!
Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Hugs Sue B xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

Wow fantastic Cheryl very clear pictures and what a fabulous end result. Susan xx

Jassy said...

Amazing, thank you for sharing your work and how you did it. I had already got some fabrics and corrugated cardboard out ready to try and alter a book cover, you have given me plenty of inspiration to give this a go now. xx

Michele said...

thank you for the tutorial, it is very helpful and inspirational! i love your work! xo

aussie aNNie said...

BRILLIANT tutorial Cheryl, you certainly know how to do it .xxx

Patricia said...

Oh! My! Word! this is absolutely amazing. Not the kind of thing but do but I can certainly appreciate every little detail in this wonderful creation.
I do intend doing more along these lines in the future.....mind you how far into the future is another story!!!!
Have a Great Day

Patricia xxx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

WOW! just awesome hunnie, love to see how you put your fab creations together
Hugs Shell xx

Pop's Cards said...

I love this sweetie, absolutely gorgeous!! Huggles Pops x x x

Jackie said...

Fabulous!

sallysbitz2 said...

Great picture tutorial Cheryl x

Sounds like you have been very busy.

hope your keeping well x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk