This is the new Linky tool,and would be really grateful if you would follow me.

Tuesday, 11 March 2014

INSPIRED BY A WALK WITH THE DOGS

Hi guys,hope you are all well,the sun is out here much better than yesterday as it was freezing much better today.

Well I take my dogs,out every morning for there walk,and I always walk up to our church,and there is one,beautiful tree and I have tried to do this in my canvas,so see what you think. Its all done with cardboard,and texture paste.


Step one applying the cardboard,I did,sketch it first then followed the lines i had drawn.


Then I used some modge podge, to begin to mould it to the canvas.

The next step I covered it with,gesso.


Then I added some,fibres,onto the,base of the tree.

Then again I put some more gesso onto the canvas. Then found some,bits from my stash,to add to the base.



The next step was to cover it completely with Gesso,and then added some texture paste,to add more dimension.

The next stage was to start adding color to it,


Here is close up of one side of,the canvas now all finished.

Another,view of the canvas


And finally,the full view of the canvas.


I have added,some elements from my stash,paints,Ferro metal effect steel gold,and some croco crackling color to the edge,turquoise.

This is a large canvas,15,by 8 inches.
white Gesso.
modge podge.
croco turquoise croco colour.
ferro precious steel gold.
various sprays,glimmer mist,etc,
charms etc from my stash.
Finally,chipboard letters to spell,Nature.

Hope you like it,I tried to capture the tree,as its like a stub,they have cut of the top of the tree,and cut of most of the branches,
not to sure about this one but I know you will tell me what you think.

love Cheryl xxxx

33 comments:

sandra carey said...

Another Gorgeous Piece of art work Hugs Sandra xx

Pam said...

Wow Cheryl! Love all the texture you added to the cardboard tree! It looks amazing, beautiful colors too!!

Sue said...

Oh my goodness Cheryl, this is just amazing. Your design is fantastic and I love all your fabulous detailing.
hugs Sue xx

Karen Petitt said...

Wow Cheryl! The tree is fabulous and I love love love how you made that with corrugated card and texture paste - thank you for sharing how you did create it!
I love the colours you have used, especially the sky.
The tree, the gate and the 'wall/fence' are brilliant - TFS huni xx

Crafting Queen said...

This is wonderful, so creative!!!

Chrissy said...

This is fantastic Cheryl..the textures from start to finish are amazing..and i love the finished project with those gorgeous colours.The trunk and branches of the tree are just wonderful..and seeing it step by step..well, all I can say is 'Bravo'..

luv CHRISSYxx

Von said...

How beautiful Cheryl especially seeing it all come together with the step by step pictures :)
Von ♥

Netty said...

Thank you for sharing the process Cheryl, who would know it would turn out so wonderfully. Annette x

Linda Simpson said...

WOW stunning! Thank you for the step by step it is fabulous!
Hugs
Linda xxx

rachel said...

stunning work Cheryl - and thanks so much for the step by step - its brilliant xx

Sherryn said...

amazing cheryl. xx

Brenda Brown said...

What a lot of work which has resulted in fabulous detail. A great piece of art Cheryl xx

heidy said...

Oh wow Cheryl this is amazing!!
XXX Heidy

Heather said...

A stunning beautiful creation Cheryl, thanks for the step by step details - I love how it grew from start to finish!!!

hugs
Heather xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow I'm missing words, a smashing page.

Ira Huberts said...

Incredible! So much inspiration during your walk with the dogs! I'm impressed with how you built up your canvas Cheryl, it's stunning!! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Cumbrianlass said...

A stunning piece of art work Cheryl.
Janet xxx

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Wow... Stunning Cheryl, love the step by step too thank you for sharing, Px

Patricia said...

Oh! My! Word! this is amazing. To think it all started with bits of cardboard. Might go rescue some cardboard I popped in the re-cycling.
Stunning creation using wonderful colours
Have a great day

Patricia xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

It's another stuunning piece Cheryl. How I wish I had your talent x

aussie aNNie said...

OMGiddy Aunt, wowzer lol, this is stunning...wowow what a transformation.xxx

Michele said...

you are BRILLIANT! this is so fabulous! thanks for providing the tutorial. xo

Jackie said...

Wow, this is just so creative, Cheryl and looks fabulous. Thanks for showing all the stages. Jx

Terry said...

What a gorgeous transformation! Cheryl, I love all the texture and the process to beautiful! Love this! Enjoy the weekend!

Vicky said...

This is awesome sweetie you are so inspiring shug.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Annie said...

Hi Cheryl....love how this has turned out....great colours and the finished piece is wonderful. Thanks for sharing and thank you for your sweet comment on my blog too

Happy Sunday Annie x

Chelsea said...

Hi Cheryl! Wow! Wow! Wow! This is a piece of art! So amazing and to think it all started with walking the dogs. I need to open my eyes when I walk my little fur babies :) Thanks for the inspiration!

with Love,
Chelsea

1CardCreator said...

Oh wow, look at all the beautiful charms you have put into this! ~Diane

Carol said...

Wow Cheryl this is fabulous...love the brilliant colours. Carol x

Craftyanny said...

Cheryl I so wish I lived near you. I'd be round like a shot for lessons. This is a stunning piece of creativity. Love, love, love it!
Anne x

Gay Peplow said...

Wonderful texture on your beautiful canvas Cheryl, what a great result. All inspired by your walk, brill :D xx

Lia said...

When I saw the first photo I thought: oh my, what is this? And when I saw the last one I said: WOW Cheryl, what a big surprise!!! It's amazing what you did and turned some cardboard into a WONDERFULL tree.
GREAT job!!
Lia xx

Juls said...

this is gorgeous!!! Hugs Juls