This is the new Linky tool,and would be really grateful if you would follow me.

Sunday, 5 September 2010

DT,card, welcome to new team,/and goodbye to Dawn

Morning,peeps,well its another challenge over at Creative inspirations,this week,and the theme this week,is any shaped card,as long as its not square,or oblong,so lets see what your creative juices,have to show us.
Gosh,tell you the New Girls we have on our team,will blow your socks off as boy have they come up with the most amazing shapes,just stunning. So welcome,guys,to our little team,look forward to getting to know you all. We are also saying goodbye to the lovely super talented Dawn,she is one brilliant crafter and will be sadly missed,so do not be a stranger hun and hope things get better for you soon hun. The next two  weeks we are being sponsered by Fantastic Ribbons,and are giving,one huge  ( bag of buttons to the winner} so lets,see what you can all come up with.
Well I thought long,and hard about this and decided to go kinder grunge,vintage,come,punk,well maybe when,you see if you will know what I mean.
The papers,I have used are,from 7 Gypsies,love these papers,of theres,a bird that I stamped onto with one of Tims,stamps,also used one of his,tickets,flower and other few things too. I have not made 2 dresses ,well I have but the one with the pegs,is a box,and the other dress fits into it perfectly found the template on line, I did alter is a bit as too be honest I am totally hopeless at following any kind of instructions,so its kinder different.
I have also over the last 3-4 days been making another one of my vintage,shoes you all know I made that book for the dear lady who comes to cut my dogs hair Lilly her name,bless her heart tell you she is such a lovely lady and she is someone who you can easily call mum.  She always gives me a massive cuddle before she goes,and too be honest she is the only person,who does apart from my kids that is so yeah she is specaial lady to me her daugher too who is exactly the same,bless her heart.
So I wanted to make this extra specail for her so that is why it has taken me so long just hope you guys like it.  Now just for Lilly I have actually finally used on of Tims,12x12 papers,and I have had that for a week now not wanting to use it as its just stunning paper,so gave in to use if for the shoe. I have also made a box not fancy wanted it plain and simple.
The flower on the box is one of Anna griffins,did not want to use anything too fancy just elegant. The rose on the shoe is also made with Tims,papers,I have used my pro markers,to colur the lace,then also used them to colour the soft cotton,balls. Then I have used adhesive pearl stones,to go around the shoe,then added more lace to the back of the shoe and also into the rose.  The heel I have made from using,some large foam pads and covered them again with Tims,paper. The tag inside the shoe is still using same papers,and have just wrapped it up in lace. I have also made some tags but will leave that till another day as just want to show these today.  I really hope she likes these as no one has ever asked me to make anything for them before.
Challenges,
stampin for the weekend Vintage or shabby
simonsays pearls and lace
the shabby tea room,something old something new My new Tim holtz papers,lace old
stamptacular sunday,distress,my dresses,
bobunnys,vintage
stampinvactaion no no brads or eyelets,and not one on my shoe

56 comments:

Carol said...

WOWZER my friend!! You are just sooo talented! Absolutely luurrvveeeee all your projects, you've been a busy bee then. Hope you're having a super weekend. Lotsa luv xxxx

Sherryn said...

Totally spectacular projects. hugs xx

Suzi said...

GORGEOUS!!! Two beautiful projects hun. I love the little dress and box, but that shoe and box are utterly amazing. Love everything about your 2 superb projects.
Hugs n Love
Suzi x

Padster said...

Oh Wow Cheryl - don't know what to say except awesome!
Hugs,
Debbie x

Brenda Brown said...

These are all fantastic Cheryl, what an imagination you have and such skills to create them. The shoe looks very special and shows how much care you have put into it. Just love them.
Luv B xxx

Zoechaos said...

Fantastic the metal shoulder pads on the dress fabulous and the box wow. love your shoe think these are all wonderful and the flower on this one if gorgeous, is it metal? Just fantastic work hun xx Zoe

Hope Jacare said...

These really are fantastic Cheryl...the shoe is stunning but I must admit I adore the little tops, they are fantastic! Cheers Claire x

Crafty Chris said...

Wow Cheryl all fantastic stunning creations, I would say she will love it.
Christine x

Fliss said...

What absolutely fabulous artwork Cheryl, all totally stunning and the shoe is so beautiful and such a clever idea.
Hope you're having a good weekend (a bit noisy here as my OH is replacing some of the lights in our kitchen which got damaged when our boiler got moved)
Hugs, Fliss xxx

Shazza said...

those dresses are so cute, love them and the shoe is amazing. Love all your work x

Betty said...

Wow Cheryl
Love these
absolutly stunning projects love those dresses, so cool, and the shoe is fantastic hun, great box'a too great talent, as always love your work.
Hugs Betty x x

ileana said...

Hi Cheryl! I just saw the picture of your dresses at Creative inspirations and came to praise them and take a look at your blog.
First the dresses: they are gorgeous!!!! beautiful! beautiful! love them!! I might use your idea to make some too, thanks for sharing them and the inspiration!
Second, your blog is awesome! I love the vintage look you give to your creations, it´s something that doesn´t come naturally to me and I´m always wishing I could do because I love the style. Do you have any advise for me how to start getting out of my box? :-)
Have a lovely day! Hugs,

Chocolate Orange said...

Wow !!! Theres not much more i can say. Cheryl hun these are GORGEOUS !!
Choccy xx

Debbie said...

Absolutely STUNNING and gorgeous designs!! The sweet dress cards are so precious with all the paper pieced DSP and lace ... the shoe is simply beautiful - so vintage and lovely!!! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room this week :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Love your shabby chic and vintage creations Cheryl! Stunning!!

Cindy Haffner said...

I {adore} everything you do!!

pinky said...

My daughter would just love this punk dresses, how cute are they!! and very original. I am sure your friend will cherish that gorgeous shoe especially when she realises the paper you used lol.
Pinky

Basement gal said...

Wow how adorable are those dresses, I want them. Brilliant take on the shape challenge Cheryl.

Netty said...

Oh wow you are just brilliant with your terrific creations Cheryl, love them all. xx

* Shaz * said...

Hi Cheryl

WoW fantastic projects love them all hope you are well xx

Juls said...

gorgeous!! the little dresses are just too cute! Hugs juls

Mandy said...

Oh hun these are gorgeous, sooo sweet and pretty, you are so creative
hugs Mandy xx

Sue said...

Hi Ya hun
wow you have been busy, two gorgeous cards, stunning creationns, luv the shoe & box, just beautiful hun, sue,x

Viv said...

Beuatiful Cheryl! The little dresses are so cute and the shoe is absolutely gorgeous! I'm sure your friend will love it! Viv x

Faye said...

Wow Cheryl, the detail you put into your projects is amazing. I feel a bit like a five year old with a painting of a sun, next to you! ;)
xxx

Tracy said...

Beautiful creations Cheryl
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Autumn said...

I do so love this card and what a fabulous shoe too! Wish I had a nack for the vintage stuff like you do! Great job, hun!
xxAutumn

Rachel said...

The dresses are adorable. I love them. And how cool that one is a box for the other one. Brilliant!

Vintage Milly said...

Cheryl, WOW, WOW, WOW! these are just stunning, you are soooo talented! So glad to be part of the team with you, I love reading at your blog, it is ace. Take care hun, speak to you soon, Em.x

CraftyC said...

These are all adorable Cheryl, loving the vintage atm. Fab work!
Clairexx

Mandy said...

Hi Cheryl,
WOW this is just awesome, stunning I love it and I'm sure Lilly will too...
Mandy xx

Irene Daryanto said...

WOW, amazing, that's is so cool, love your dress card, very vintage and I love the soft pink touch.
Hugs, Irene

Liz said...

Both Wonderful great Dress And shoe Wow are you creative Well done

Liz xx

Dora said...

OMG Cheryl, your projects are just fantastic, love the dress but the shoe is awesome, my fave xx

Cor* said...

Amazing creations Cheryl! Holy man, those shirts are great and the show is totally gorgeous!

Esther said...

What gorgeous sweet little dresses - and I love the shoe, I remember liking the last one you made too..how clever you are! Esther xx

Sprytebyrd said...

Beautiful, beautiful dresses, Cheryl! I love all the lace and the charms!
Thanks so much for playing along this week at Stamptacular Sunday ♥ Good luck on our Distressing challenge!
Dee (Spryte)
Sprytebyrds Spot

friday feeling said...

Fabulous creations Cheryl - the dresses are gorgeous - love the style & the shoe is really beautiful! Such a pretty tag too!
I hope you're doing well at the moment,
Take care,
Caroline x

Sarah said...

Here at last chum, sorry with late comments, what can I say these projects are amazing Cheryl the wee dress is gorgeous but your shoe is stunning the rose is beautiful chum love it, and Big Congrats on your win over at Shabby Tea rooms I'm not surprised you won with these creations chum so pleased for you. lots Hugs
Sarah xx

Dazie said...

Hi Cheryl I havent popped by for a while just wanted to say hi I promise I do look in I just dont get around to leaving comments, but you know I love your work! Its nice to see you doing a bit of the old vintagey stuff that I love so much! These creations are fabulous!

catch you soon
Dazie
x

Kate's Makes said...

Oh my goodness what fabulous creations! They are wonderful! Thanks for taking part in our challenge at SFTW! :o) Kate x

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

omg! there is not many people who can render me speechless, but you have done it to me this time. this entire post is GORGEOUS. love the dresses and i absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that shoe!!! holy moly!!!! wow!

and woooooooooo hooooooooooo on the tea room win! i knew you'd do it! i cannot tell you how proud and happy i am for you! i've got goosebumps!

wooooooo hooooooo.

luv u!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh, Cheryl,
Everything is so absolutely beautiful--WOW!!! I love it all! Your are amazing!!!
Hugs
xox

Danielle Champagne said...

Wow Cheryl, very original shape card! Love the lacey details on each dress. Very feminine! Little charms add such a cute touch.
thanks for playing along with us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge, and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs.
Danielle.

Cheryl said...

WOW Cheryl your creations are absolutely STUNNING!!! Such attention to detail,I am sure Lilly will treasure her gift!! BTW thanks for stopping by to see how I am doing!!
Hugs xx

chris said...

Wow wee ! Cheryl these are all works of art, they must take you forever, love the dresses so much, and the shoes are just to die for. hugs chris xx

gina g said...

Hi Cheryl what fantastic creations these are i absolutely love the shoe.Thank you for your lovely comments. luv gina xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

OMGoodness Cheryl what stunning projects.! Love the pink slipper, and the dress-shaped cards are amazing!
Love and hugs, Sylvia xxxx

Jackie said...

What a feast for the eyes! The dress is so sweet, the shoe exquisite and I love that tag, Cheryl. Amazing work!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Hi Cheryl,

I just wanted to stop by and congratulate you on your win over at the Shabby Tea Room this week. Your project was wonderful - so beautifully vintage. Fabulous work and a well-deserved recognition!

Hugs,
Linda

Craftie Mummy said...

These are absolutly georgeous, thank you for joining us at SFTW for this weeks challenge.

Hugs

Joanne x

Penny Duncan Creations said...

Oh WOW WOW WOW....This is OVER THE TOP GORGEOUS!!! I absolutely LOVE all the AMAZING detail!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL job ma'am!!!!!!

Carolyn said...

Stunning project. I love the detail of this gorgeous shoe. It's perfect for our distressed challenge. Thanks for sharing it with us at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Skraptacular Designs said...

How clever and creative! I just love the freedom of distressing! There are so many ways to do it and no right or wrong way!

You've done a marvelous job!

Thank you so much for joining us at Stamptacular last week! So sorry I'm just now getting the chance to check out all our entries from last week's Distress It challenge! Hope you'll join us again soon for some more challenge fun!

Hugs,
Priscilla

Denise Clark said...

I continue to be amazed at people's creations and yours has me saying WOW this morning! The dress and the shoe...amazing!

thanks for playing along with Stamping Vacation's challenges!

Collier said...

GORGEOUS!!! Two beautiful projects hun. I love the little dress and box, but that shoe and box are utterly amazing. Love everything about your 2 superb projects. Hugs n Love Suzi x