This is the new Linky tool,and would be really grateful if you would follow me.

Monday, 4 October 2010

Grunge flowers



If you place the flowers onto an embossing mat,or foam pad just work the flower with the embossing tool to give it some shape here is another photo of how it looks after you have done a flower. I have used my hole punch twice,to make circle big enough to pull all the flowers through.
Next stage is just to cut slightly into the petals,a bit more see picture below

For the next stage just pull the petal to the next petal and stick it,as shown in picture below then cut of one petal,and pull across and stick to the next then cut off 2 petals and pull accross again.



I use these tiny pegs to hold the flowers together whilst the glue is setting.
The next stage is to take the petals you cut off take some tweezers,and begin to roll the fist petal, then take the first petal you have rolled and place it onto the second one you cut off and roll into that one,as shown in the picture below.

Then set aside to let the glue set again using pegs,to hold together,the next stage is to put the flower together.




The finished flower
Do not laugh at the pegs but whilst the flower is setting I find it so usefull to put the pegs on it really helps to keep the flower in shape really works a treat. If you want to add color,do that before you start your flower I have not done mine,so it is easier to show you.
Also,to make the flower stay flat on your card,atc,page or whatever you are making just cut off the bottom with a craft knife,and your are done,I really hope this tutorial is okay as this is my first one please if you have any questions,or would like one of these grunge roses please email me am happy to send you one,or answer any questions,you might have.
Just before I run and hide I would just like to,say a big thank you to sherry who has kindly featured me on her blog,here is the link if you would like to see it,thanks again hun feel so humbled that you like my work enough to post it on your blog the link is HERE
The stamp I used is steam punk which you can buy here at the artistic stamper

32 comments:

Crafty Chris said...

hi Cheryl
Thanks for the tutorial I love the stamp you have used, beautiful end result.
Chris x

Artyjen said...

Thanks for the tute! Lovely use of The Artistic Stamper stamp :)
xoxo Sioux

Fliss said...

Great tutorial Cheryl and oddly enough, I bought those stamps at Ally Pally too and am about to make something with them. Couldn't resist them when they came up on Hels' blog.
Must give this a go when I find my grunge paper which has gone AWOL!
xx

Toucan Scraps said...

great tutorial Cheryl

Junibears said...

Hello dear Cheryl,
Lovely to find time to visit friends again. Thank you for all your lovely comments, much appreciated.
It's still a waiting game here.

I love your flowers tutorial Cheryl. I really want to try and make some. I haven't got that flower punch. Can you recommend where to buy it please? it will be so useful.
You have some fantastic work on your blog, you are so creative.
Big Hugs
June xx

qwiksave said...

Thanks for this Cheryl, think I might try it sometime. I'm not laughing at the pegs, honest! Good idea for drying. x

Vintage Milly said...

He he hey, I have been waiting for this one hun, can't wait to give them a go this week - so excited already, I will post a piccy on my blog (if mine turn out good enough to show), thanks for sharing sweetie,
big hugs,
Em.x

Juls said...

great tutorial! Thanks! Hugs Juls

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL, thanks for sharing!

brenda said...

This is my sort of fun Cheryl, thanks for sharing.

B x

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
wow thanks for that, i bought some grunge paper to have a go at this not done it yet, will follow ya distructions n see what mess i make! lol, your flowers is beautiful hun, sue,xx

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh, I couldn't imagine how you made these gorgeous flowers--they are unreal!!! I'm going to have Ralph read this tutorial because he gets that technical stuff better than I do and can help me...lol
Love,
Cindy

Shazza said...

well done Cheryl, I have still to attempt to make one of these roses!!! Your one looks great x

Heather x said...

Great tutorial babe, will have a go at this :)
*hugs* Heather x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Hi Cheryl thanks for your lovely comment. I'm sure you could do a sock creature. If you Google 'Silly Sock Creatures' some pics will come up and just use them for inspiration.
Great tutorial hun, the stamps you've used look fab on the flower ;-)
Anne xx

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow hun love these, great tutorial, very clear and great piccies, just love the pegs,and I'd use them too lol, hugs Liz xx

Carol said...

Hi my special friend!! Sorry I've not been around much just been so very busy, loads of work behind the scenes. Crafters Companion are keeping me out of mischief lol!! What an awesome tutorial, you've done it brilliantly, would never say it was your first. Absolutely luv the way you've stamped it, such an awesome effect! Hope you're well. Lotsa luv xxxx

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow! you make it look so easy and i still don't understand it - lol. but i'll be looking at closer for sure.

hugs :)

Mina said...

I think the pegs are a fantastic idea Cheryl and the tutorial is really clear and easy to follow...brilliant and thanks
Mina xxx

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Cheryl,
I'm back...lol I was thinking that this tutorial is so awesome, why don't you make it your post for the Creative SPirit challenge...everyone would love it!!!
XO

Autumn said...

Fab tutorial and a gorgeous flower! Love this! Great job!
xxAutumn

Basement gal said...

Great tutorial.

Hope Jacare said...

Great tutorial Cheryl - thanks so much. All the work is worth it for that lovely flower! Cheers Claire x

agypsyangel said...

Thats a great tutorial and I love the ideas of the little holders. THanks for posting :)

Jan said...

WOW! I'm tellin' ya, the use of a clothespin is so clever! A great tip! Love the embossed rose :)

pinky said...

Well its a great tutorial, and hopefully the first of many Cheryl. Will give this a go as I have just got my first pack of grunge paper.
Pinky

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant tutorial Cheryl I love the colour of the flower, I have been toying with the idea of buying some grunge paper to work with thanks to your wonderful inspiration.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Denise said...

Congratulations!!! Course they picked you, your tips rock!! I love this new one with grunge flowers. They look fantastic!

Sarah said...

A fabulous Tutorial chum, very clear pic's and easy to follow, and love your pegs and they do the job, you work deserves to be featured chum it's amazing, must get me some of this Grunge paper and have a go at these flowers, Hugs
Sarah xx

Sue said...

ok mrs
ive glued n pegged!!! im waitin!! BUT i have two not cut flowers??? you didnt tell me what to do with them!!!! pmsl, i need step by step hun, mrs iriot here! lol. will improvise!!! watch this space, well no not this space my space! lol.sue,x

Stressed Stamper said...

came here from Sues blog - gotta give it a go home I don't get confused like Sue...though she is a very confused lady- only kidding Sue...love ya!

ileana said...

This is great Cheryl! thanks so much for the tutorial, I´ll give it a try this weekend :-)
Hugs to you!