This is the new Linky tool,and would be really grateful if you would follow me.

Friday, 15 October 2010

Steam,punk Book

Morning everyone,gosh can't believe I have actually had a bit of  a lie in this morning,got up at 8 15am instead of 6am,the dogs must have been tired yesterday after there marathon walk. Well Alice as Rex can't walk far now bless him. But Alice and I went for rather a long walk,then My sister in law phoned,saying there was a tree full of cooking apples,and they are really expensive to buy this year so off we went to get these apples.
Ha ha there was Pauline with her,stick to pull the branches down,and there we were climbing over hedges,nettles,trying to get to this apple tree finally we got there,and I had to climb up to get the bigger apples,we had such a laugh made me feel like a kid again mind you this morning feel like an old woman,as ache so much. But hey it was worth it.
So onto my wee,book well its kind of a book but,oh you will see in the picture you get 2 of these one lager one and one small one I did the larger one first. I was so lucky as the lovely lady over at the craft barn sent these to me yesterday,tell you how kind of her was that,such a fantastic,store they have to much in there to alter its brilliant.
So I used my,aged gold paint, steam punk graphic 45 papers,skelleton,charm,Tim Holtz,knob and word. 7 gypsies rub ons ,which are the best ever. The leaf is real I picked it whilst on my walk yesterday,and painted it with the same paint and it took beautifully.
Book is available here from the CRAFT BARN. Along with the paint,and so so much more well worth a visit,great service too.
Papers,and rub ons,are avilable from the Craft Emporium,another brilliant website full of wonderful 7 gypsies,papers,rub ons,which are so mega easy to use. Link is HERE



I also made a wee book which is covered with,7 gypsies,papers,and the Alice stamp is available from Blade rubber,maybe small but oh my god they are so detailed just brilliant,the link is HERE
I wil be round to visit you all later off to do the dreaded grocery shoping. I have entered this for the following challenge,s as used vintage,autumn,colors,hallowean with my skeleton,just hope it will be okay.
Challenges,
creativefriday alter something
stampchallenge hallowean something
stampave, autumn
ssdchallenge autumn,

If you do not think this fits into any of the above challenge,s that is fine,love cheryl x
Also wanted to welcome,Tery,and scrapping cat to my blog thanks guys,made my day.






40 comments:

Susan's crafty chaos said...

Oh wow Chryl, these are just stunning! And your fun and games getting the apples sound wonderful, I'm so glad you had fun, and hope whatever you make with the apples brings a smile to your face as you remember a day climbing trees :D

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow Cheryl - another amazingly fabulous project - I love it. Fabulous images and embellishments. I agree - the ladies at the Craft Barn are always so helpful and they have so much choice too. I am going to pop over to the Craft Emporium now, and have a good old nosey! Thanks for all your inspiration, as ever.
Love and hugs, Sylvia xxx

Lily said...

Wow, Cheryl, you are so creative, this is fantastic idea. Love the finish look, so gorgeous!
Hugs,
Lily

Jackie said...

This looks wonderful, Cheryl. I love how you have decorated it - great colours.

Junibears said...

My, my, you are so craftily creative Cheryl dear. These books are just fab. Must have taken you ages.
By the way, you're costing me money. After my last visit here I went over and spent money by your recommendations!!
Looks as though I may have to again!
Big Hugs
June xx

Karen said...

Awe this is really pretty Cheryl XXX

Juls said...

OH MY GOODNESS !!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!! utterly amazing absolutley love this project!! Hugs Juls

Cindy Haffner said...

What can I say, all so BEAUTIFUL!!

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
8.15????? ya lazy ickle moo! lol, good for you.
AWESOME hun, you are so very talented a gorgeous gift and keepsake, i wouldnt know where to start! have great weekend hun, sue,x

Margreet said...

OMG Cheryl.....I'm speechless....what a wonderful creation!!!
xxx Margreet

Lizbethem said...

Fabulous book, Cheryl! Just right for Three Muses.

pinky said...

Can just picture the pair of you fogging those apples lol. This book is absolutely gorgeous, a real piece of art!!
Pinky

Sandy said...

Oh wow so beautiful vintage work.
Unbelievable design. Love it.

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous you clever young thing this is lovely xx Zoe

Kiki said...

Wow, gorgeous creations! Love every little detail!

Thanks for joining us at SAM this week.

Hugs, Kiki

Shazza said...

wow Cheryl the book is fabulous. For some reason I cannot see the bottom picture but I am sure it is wonderful too. Lucky you living near the Craft Barn. Laughed at the image you conjured up of pciking apples, hope you made a delicious apple pie, yummy!!
x

Netty said...

Its terrific Cheryl, you have done a great job. Have a lovely weekend, Annette x

Dora said...

O wow Cheryl, this is amazing, love your vintage project. Hugs xxx

Sarah said...

OMG Cheryl this creation is Amazing chum, the work that you have done here on this is gorgeous love all your detail as ever, super, super make chum, love it the leaves are fabulous,
Hehe' I can just see you up a tree after the biggest apples, I'm so glad it was fun just the right medicine you needed chum laughter!!!! Oh did you notice I entered my Teapot card into Pixie challenge chum, thanks for popping by, and my parcel arrived quick glad it's there for your birthday!! will catch you later lots Hugs x
Sarah x

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Cheryl, wow this is fantastic hun,love the leaves too, your apple picking sounds like fun,glad your ok, hugs Liz xx

Faye said...

OMG, every time I visit you, I leave with a feeling of total awe and you have done it again. I have a not a card coming up, which I am nervous about and not looking forward to, and I don't want to do it at all now!! Have a great weekend. xxx

Maria Matter said...

Hi Cheryl!
reading about your apple adventures makes me hungry for a lovely crunchy apple!

Gorgoeus project! love the gold and all the pretty details! Brilliant idea to paint the leaf and use it...nature is a wonderful inspiration for art, isn't it?!
take care
hugs & blessings!

Sherryn said...

This is fantastic, love the gold.
What ya gonna do with the apples ??
Apple birthday cake yummy !! Have a great day xx

indybev said...

What charming books! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at Three Muses. Do come again!

Cheryl said...

OMG this is SPECTACULAR!!! Love the gold and those beautiful images!!
Hugs xx

Benzi said...

Wow! What a wonderful project and an awesome job! Love the painted leaf, too. Your story about gathering apples was good for a smile today. Thanks for sharing it. So glad you joined the Stampin B this week.

Hermine said...

Its gorgeous

Tracey said...

Hi Cheryl, glad you had a fun day yesterday :)

These books are stunning, you are very creative!

Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Hope Jacare said...

Fabulous Creations cheryl- such stunning books and I love Alice. Thanks so much for you well wishes.....Sounds like you had a great time scrumping apples! Our trees were pretty poor this year but I think the kids had been not letting the little ones grow(using them as weapons to throw at one another....)Cheers Claire x

Liz said...

Hi Hunnie so sorry not been keeping touch or popping by But I will soon again Your work has changes a lot sice I was last over even more amazing Let me know sometime how Lisa is? I think of you often
Hugs Liz xx

CraftyC said...

Wow Cheryl, its a gorgeous book & your leaves are fantastic!
Clairexx

Dawn said...

You make me laugh :0) I loved the Apple story. and your book is beautiful (I wish I lived near the CB)

Love Dawn xx

friday feeling said...

Wow - this is a stunning project - it looks so impressive - I love it!
We managed a grand total of 3 apples on our tree this year - I think I'll have to follow your scrumping lead!
Caroline x

Betty said...

Hi Hun
Wow a great altered book love it, always a joy to pop in and see your amazing makes.
Hugs Betty x x

Ninchen said...

wow thats gorgeous!love that book!
thanks for joining us at creative friday!

xx janina

Chris said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
Hope you have a wonderful day and a great year ahead. Sorry, I didn't send a card I've lost all my addies when JJ forum went down. But, I do wish you a glorious day.

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Cheryl,
Oh my gosh, I didn't realize that your birthday is on Sunday--I hope you have a wonderful, Happy Birthday!!! Wishing you a wonderful day!!!
Love,
Cindy

Gez said...

AMAZING Cheryl. Absolutely BRILLIANT.xx

BA said...

stunning creations cheryl
thanks for joining us at SAM
xoxo BA

Incipient Wings said...

wow! your work is inspiring!!!!
thank you