This is the new Linky tool,and would be really grateful if you would follow me.

Saturday, 27 November 2010

My first,Poolka Doodle,card,and first pryamge card

Morning everyone,well its freezing here with the dreaded snow and with more to come too.  So if you have to go out today take it slow and safe,luckily I have not got to go out today so I am staying in,with my dogs,by the fire and its so lovely warm,and cosy in here too. Can't beat a real fire we have central heating too,but in my craft room I have a wood burner as our boiler was not big enough to run any more radiators,glad really as Love getting up to a lovely fire.
Okay enough of me waffling,as you know I was lucky enough to be asked to be a GDT,for the fabulous Polka Doodles,and Wednesday I received my DT package with 3 amazing CD's,and some other goodies.
Now I have to admit I have never used a CD to craft with before,only used the free ones you get with magazines sometimes. But oh my when Nicky sent these out to me talk about detail,and images they totaly blow you away. Nicki is so clever,as you get everything you need from Papers,to sentiments,to borders,buttons,images,frames,you name it its on there.
What I also love is you get a choice of colored images,and ones,left plain so you can use your own,pens,to color them in.
Now the image I have used is from the,CD all around and Everywere,I have used the colored version,and the black and white version to create a shadow. Then I have taken,a part of  the same image,and mounted it into a frame. You will see what I mean when I show you the card. The sentiment,I think is also from the same CD. The papers are from Sundae of Seasons, apart from the green frame and plain pink card they are from my stash.
So here you go here it is fingers crossed Nicki approves,You can,buy this CD there and more HERE


The frames I have cut using my new cricut cartridge,called sentimental which I got from Crafts u love which have a brilliant sale on at the moment with free p and p the link is HERE.


Next is something totally different Nicecerane sent me some of his new sheets to work with,pryamge,well I have never done these either before but the sheet you get is so easy to follow if I can do it anyone can do it. They are step by step so you just cant go wrong this sheet is called,a Christmas Carol which you can see and buy HERE. I have embossed the white card,the flowers are from wild orchid,the lace is from Tim Holtz,which I recieved from dear Stacey,in my candy win thanks hun. The wee rose button is from Jazzlins designs the sentiment from my stash. Leaves,from my EK punch.


Before I go just want to firstly thank Rebecca for another award which I will be posting later thanks hun,Also a big thank you to dear Stacey for the Tim Holtz,Candy I won,such beautiful things in there bless you hun. I also want to thank Team Doodle for asking me to be part of the team,they are such a wonderful set of girls to work with so helpful and supportive too,so bless you guys for the warm,welcome and thanks to Nicki for asking me to be part of the team.
Oh one last thing I received 2 xmas cards,this week One from Dear chirs at my crafty attempts, and one from dear,Cindy which arrived yesterday thanks guys.
Challenges,
delightfulsketches,flower power
abc, e for embossing
lotstodo embossing



40 comments:

Crafty Chris said...

2 Beautiful cards Cheryl, have a great weekend
Chris x

Vintage Milly said...

Oooh stunning work Cheryl, love the shadow effect - ace. So glad you are part of our little team,
E.x

Tracy said...

It's fabulous Cheryl,what a great start, you will be a great asset to the team.
Happy crafting and stay warm
Tracy x

Curlybear said...

Wow Cheryl, beautiful cards, and I love the layout and shadow, absolutely brilliant idea.

I really dont blame you for staying in beside a warm and cozy log burner having a cuddle with your lovely dogs, sounds like my idea of bliss,

take care have a great weekend, Hugs Bridget x :)

Karen said...

Hi sweetie! I love what you have done with the girly image. Lovely card!!!!

ooo that pirimage looks fantastic my lovely, I love that image!!!

Stay warm HUGS xxx

Dazie said...

Beatiful makes hun!
Dazie
x

Juls said...

Fabulous!! Love the way you have framed the polka doodle image! HUgs Juls

Liz said...

Whoooooooooooooooo hun congratulations again on poolka doodles your crafts are all brilliant I got your mail and I will answer you soon it will be a long one so much to tell ya
Take care
Liz x

Dorcas said...

LOve your Nicecrane card, Cheryl! It looked like alot of fun to work with and if my silicone glue hadn't all dried up on me I might have had a go of it too! Really awesome. :-)

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fab creations hun, I love the first one & your shadowing looks great!
hugs shell xx

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
wow two gorgeous creations, luv the layout of your Dt card, ive never done a pyramage cards looks fabulous, keep warm hun, no snow here yet!
left you a little something on me blog hun, have lovely weekend, sue,x

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow what a cool idea, love your work girl!!!

Heather x said...

Stunning work babe, love the detail of the pyramage one :)
*hugs* Heather x

Rosie said...

Wonderful works

Zoechaos said...

You have had some lovely treats recently lucky you and you have made some lovely things with them Polka doodles are sure to love your card. Great make with the second card as well, thank you for sharing with us at lots to do xx Zoe

Nicecrane Designs said...

Really stunning Cheryl,,,,,,love the way you used my Pyramid Design,,,,,,,so sweet, so elegant card, congratulations my friend,,,,,hurra for Cheryl.

Fliss said...

Really gorgeous cards Cheryl, love both of them and it's so lovely to be with you on 2 teams now.
More pyramage coming from me soon when I've finished my big project.
xxx

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Gorgeous cards. Really pleased to have you on the team.

Nikky Hall said...

Great cards hun - love the way you put the image into the frame! xxx

Lorraine said...

different .love the roses too

coldwaters2 said...

Wowzer Cheryl these are two wonderful creations I love the design, images and detail of both just perfect.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Angel said...

HI Cheryl..

Wow, all just keeps getting better an better hunnie, love it all.
Huggies Angel

Anesha said...

love both your creations, great job using the CD. Have a lovely weekend and keep warm. Hugs Anesha

Sherryn said...

awesome cheryl. xx

Mel X said...

Hiya Cheryl, aww well done again on your GD spot - they so lucky to have you. Two fabulous makes. Great images on the first and that sentiment is just so sweet. Love the vintage image on the second - your pyramage design looks amazing!! I only tried this once and was rubbish - yours looks really professional and very classy!!

Hugs

Mel X

Tracey said...

Awww great job on the GDT and congrats a well deserved position hon xxx

Fleur said...

Absolute gorgeous work Cheryl. love the layers on your card ~ very effective
Hugz Fleur xXx

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i love the sentiment on the 1st card and i absolutely love that pyramige. i would LOVE to learn how to do that. absolutely gorgeous.

surprisingly, with the lousy sleep i get, i'm not tired at all during the day. i just hope hubby gets better soon. i can't stand him being miserable. he makes me miserable - lol.

but i thank you from my heart for listening to me vent and all the comfort i get from your comments and FRIENDSHIP. i do love you.

hugs :)

Netty said...

I love your work Cheryl and the fact you are always ready to take on new challenges and complete them so beautifully. I especially love your girl image is that available as a stamp do you know? Enjoy Sunday, Annette x

Lynn Stevens said...

Cheryl, Your first piece is just precious but your second is FAB-U-LOUS, I love all those layers, so original! clap clap clap!!!

Michele said...

oh Cheryl these turned out fabulously! well done dearheart! xo

Junibears said...

Dear Cheryl, I can't keep up with all the fabulous work you do. Gorgeous cards again. Love the pyramage especially.
Thank you for always leaving me such nice comments.
Big Hugs
June xxx

* Shaz * said...

Gorgeous cards as alway Cheryl they are really fab thanks for joining us at Alphabet challenge xx

Rose said...

Lovely cards Cheryl, love them both!

Love, Rose xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful pieces of art.

True :) said...

Your cards are beautiful! I especially like the layered one!
Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Paper Take Weekly!
I am now one of your followers.  ;)  I would love it if you came to visit my blog and become a follower too!
Hugs,
True :D ~ (PTW Guest Designer)

Gez said...

Totally gorjuss Cheryl. Enjoy your candy.xx

Linby said...

Oh Cheryl where to begin this is all fab. Love that little gift set, someone is going to be very happy at Xmas, it is gorgeous. Love the image in the frame, how did you do the reverse image??
Your pryamarge is great, mine never looks very good and I have to admit to losing patience with it. Now all these links - I keep going to look and then the next thing I know I have bought a few bits and bobs!
Linbyx

rosalien said...

Beuatiful, and I love that friend sentiment. Great card. Thanks for joining DC.

Rosalien

Jaqi said...

Fabulous, havent seen this before stunning design i love it