This is the new Linky tool,and would be really grateful if you would follow me.

Wednesday, 26 January 2011

Pixie Cottage DT,plus more,creations,and warning of a scam

Hi guys,first I want to warn you all about a scam,last night someone rang,me saying he was working for windows,and said there was a virus coming down onto my computer. He wanted me to turn my computer on and go through all my settings,to stop it.
I went with my gut instinct,and told him no way am I touching my computer and I am fully protected,and I have my own computer chap to help if anything goes wrong. He went on and on trying to get me to do it but I stuck to my guns and said No.
Anyway I did call my chap this morning and it is a scam,what they are doing is,getting you to set your computer onto a certain website,which then stops you going anywere else and you are then inundated with emails,from this company.
The other thing they are doing is tapping into your computer,and gettting into your bank accounts,to PLEASE be warned guys,and do not give any info,out over the phone.
I have emailed as many,of my friends as I can think of,to warn them,but thought if I put this on here more of you would see it.
Right,now for my Pixie Cottage DT card the theme this week is again a lovely sketch,and the theme this week is Flowers, here is my card,
Coloured with my pencils,added flowers,swirl from my cricut,ribbon,MS punch,and just plain card. So hope you will try and join us again this week,we are getting so many entries,now so bless you all,Image is Hannah,picking apples.
My next card is another of Nicecrene's images,again from his,Little Maid's set,the link to these is HERE


I have used my pencils,and distress inks on this to give it the vintage feel,use a corner punch for the edges,then cut out a 2inch circle of the image,and adhered it to 3d foam,then glittered around the edge. Then finished with flowers,EK leaves,ribbon,and the sentiment comes with the image.
So if you would like any of these images,please go HERE Nicecern also has a group on the digital arts site were he showcases all of his new images,and you get a freebie too. The link to the site is HERE
Just one more card using the wonderful images from sugar nellie,love these stamps.

MS punch,raffata,prima papers,jewels,colored with pro markers,image colured with pencils.
Challenges
Tuesday Throwdown distressing
stampininchrist distressing
simplycreate use your punches
fairytales flowers
Oh just want to welcome Michelle to my blog too hi hun,hugs cheryl







40 comments:

wearestampers said...

Very lovely cards Cheryl! Thanks for the scam warning!
Pam

Artyjen said...

Thanks for the warning....it's amazing what people will do these days!
Sweet cards as always ;)
xoxo Sioux

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Stunning cards Cheryl - the images are adorable, and I love your choice of colours. Fabulous as always!
Thank you for the scam warning too.
Hugs, Sylvia xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

All just gorgeous hun, but I am lovin these Pixie Cottage stamps..think I need to have a word with Nige & see what the man with the wallet says lol

huge hugs shell xx

Liz said...

Wonderful cards Cheryl Love that Sugar Nellie I have it just not used yet best get my bum into gear then I got your warning you can't be too careful these days can you?
Chat later Take care
Liz x

Sarah said...

These makes are all stunning chum I love your colouring with the pencils this last S/N image is adorable all beautiful, I have emailed you chum,
Lots Hugs
Sarah x

Zoechaos said...

Thank you for the warning email and for posting it here as well. Good to know you stuck to your guns. XOXO Zoe

Fliss said...

Another thanks for your message here and have sent you a reply.
Just gorgeous artwork here too. I love all the soft colouring with pencils - it's so pretty and the stamps you've used are lovely.
Hugs, Fliss xxx

Netty said...

Lovely work as usual Cheryl and thank you for the scam warning. Annette x

Anesha said...

Wonderful pieces Cheryl. Thanks for the warning and good on your saying no. Have a good day. Hugs anesha

Crafty Chris said...

Thanks for the warning Cheryl its awful what some people think up to mess you about, your cards are gorgeous as ever and I still have printed off my SN, I will probaly be saying the same thing next month.
Chris x

Sue said...

Hi hun
thank you for the heads up on the scan, gorgeous cards, beautiful embelies, awesome colouring on your little girl at the bottom,sue,x

pinky said...

Gorgeous very pretty creations today Cheryl, just love your colouring. Thanks for the heads up about those sad stupid people who should go and get a real job like everyone else!!

andrea said...

Gorgeous cards,love the images so cute
andrea

Elaine A said...

Thank you for the heads-up on the scam Cheryl! I really appreciate it. Your cards are just lovely. What a tremendous job you do coloring and putting them together. They are beautiful!

Elaine Allen

Tanya R said...

So so cute!

artish said...

so many pretties! love the butterfly border and thos pearlized pins on hannah's card. your next are very wow! i love it that you're always creating! *glad you and your computer are safe!
nice of you to alert everyone--that could truly be a blessing to someone.

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh so DARLING!!!!!!!

Chris said...

thanks for the warning Cheryl. Your cards and makes are gorgeous! As usual.
Hugs, Chris

Brenda Brown said...

Gorgeous cards Cheryl, you use such beauutiful colour combinations, love them.
Thanks for the scam warning - I would have done the same as you. We had a call recently from 'Sky' wanting to know skybox card numbers etc and I had a real go at the guy but he wouldn't give in, but put the phone down on him in the end. When we rang customer services that was a scam too. Just gotta be soooo careful these days.
Hope you have had a good day. Cold and wet here, really miserable.
Take care, luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Becky said...

What stunning cards Cheryl. Beautiful colors and layouts. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

Claire Phillips said...

Really lovely projects Cheryl - that Sugar Nellie image is gorgeous! I've had the same scam a couple of times now...you have to be so careful! Cheers Claire x

jackiescrafts said...

Your cards are all gorgeous Cheryl Hun

Hugs Jackie x

Dawn said...

Cheryl, gorgeous cards & thanks for the warning re the scam

friday feeling said...

Fabulous cards - the sugar Nellie image is just adorable- you've done a brilliant job with everything as ever. Thanks for the warning too - you've got to be really wary of almost everyone these days!

Sherryn said...

Awesome cards cheryl. I had a ring about my computer and I just told him I havent got a computer so that was the end of that. xx

karlinchen50 said...

Hello a very beautiful card and a great design.

Thanks for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge
Hugs Karla

Sharon said...

More and more gorgeous cards Cheryl. Each one is beautiful in it's own way. Great choice of colours too.
Thanks for the scam warning.
Hugs,
Sharon xx

Rose said...

wonderful cards :)
So glad you joined us on Simply Create

Lorraine said...

Ooh, pretty cards, details and coloring of the images! Beautiful!

Janie Printz said...

Love your beautiful cards & coloring ... Thanks for the heads up on the scam ... I had someone try to put $8000 on my credit card last week & luckily the card people called me & asked if this was my charge. I said NO WAY !! They were able to get it taken care of but I had to cancel my card & get a new one ...
Hugs, Janie

Junibears said...

I just can't keep up with you dear Cheryl. You must work non stop! Such beautiful cards, you keep making them sweetie. They give so much pleasure. Hugs xx

Dora said...

Awww these are wonderful cards Cheryl. The images are gorgeous, and fantastic choice of colours. Hugs xxx

Jackie said...

Your colouring is just amazing - it looks so professional and flawless!

Bianca said...

This is so very pritty! I love the colours! Thank you very much for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

Bea said...

really pretty cards and thanks for the heads up re the scam

Cindy Adkins said...

Awww, how precious, Cheryl!!! And I had a call like that the other day and they acted like they called from the bank and wanted my account number...no way! lol
XO
Love,
Cindy

CraftyC said...

These are all gorgeous Cheryl, love the images!
Clairexx

Juls said...

Hi Cheryl, thanks for the warning!! Love all your cards....love how you have added buttons to the little cardy of the SN image! Hugs Juls

Nicecrane Designs said...

Absolutely stunning Cheryl......oh my God,,,,,,,,,direct to my fav