This is the new Linky tool,and would be really grateful if you would follow me.

Sunday, 27 March 2011

DT Time,at Creative inspirations,and my first,8 by 8 card & some doodling

Hi guys,
Well its time for,another challenge over at creative inspirations this week,and the theme is mothers day. Choosen by our lovely DT member Laney.
So I decided to make this wee box,and inside I have,put some flowers in.
So here it is,


DP's Anna,.Griffin,letters,from cricut storybook,butterfly from my stash,doolie,glitter,Die cut flower and swirl ribbon,spellbinders,dies,and some flowers.  This box,is all in one,which I prefer to make,its nice a neat and the top fits,nicely too. So if you would like to play,just pop over HERE to see the rest of the Brilliant DT,cards,and have fun.
Next I have made my first ever,8 by 8  card I got these,scalloped cards from QVC,great buy and super quality too,108 cards,for £13 and they are at least,280,320 gsm and you get all sizes in there too.
So here it is I have followed the sketch from Friday Sketches.




DP's.Anna Griffin,and Basil card,stock sentiment,Kan ban,wild orchid flowers sprayed with,pink perfect pearls mixed with water. Leaves,EK,punch,swirls, adheshive stones,colured with pro markers. Image Sugar Nellie,colored with,my Prisma pencils. Then added ribbon and some raffata to finish.

Next I have,used ultra thick embossing powder gold,then whilst still wet I stamped into it with the butterfly stamp,at the top,then stamped again at the bottom only this time when it had cooled down. Then I have taken my perfect pearls,mixed with water,and painted into the images. Then just did some doodling with some paints,and added some viva paper pens,into the wings.  Then just highlighted,the images,with white pen,and black.  This is not great i know but by this time I was so tired,and ached that much with all the painting just could not,do any more.
I am not doing any painting today,just do not have the energy I have completed,the ceiling,and done,2 main walls,2 coats,so got,another,main wall to finish,then one large wall were I am,adding wallpaper too. That is if I can,really should not have started this as boy my foot is killing me,and my boot is now covered in lovely white,and,vintage cream paint,lol.
Right before I go I would love to welcome Chrissy to my blog bless your heart hun for adding to my list of followers,if you have a blog hun let me know and I will pop over and say hi.
Have a great day guys love and hugs to you all.
Challenges,
diecutdreams mothers day,for mum
creativecardcrew no stamps Sugar nellie card,
spoonfulsugar,rinestones,pearls ribbon Sugar nellis card
qirkycrafts,twisted easel card or gift for mum,
craftypad gift for mum






58 comments:

Anesha said...

Wonderful creations Cheryl!! Well done on all your painting. Hope you have a restful day. Hugs Anesha :)

Curlybear said...

Wow Cheryl, such amazing creations..... lots of eye candy, I love the the box for Mum its just so pretty and you colouring on the card is stunning wow...and the butterflies are so pretty,

Have a great week, good luck with the painting and decorating,

Hugs Bridget :0) x

michele hileman said...

Awesome Box. I just love it

Margreet said...

super creations Cheryl...love the box for mother's day!
xxx Margreet

Dora said...

O wow these are awesome Cheryl, that box is just beautiful, definitely your mother will fall in love with it xxx

jude said...

All your creations are beautiful as ever hunni.Beautiful box!
hugs judex

gina g said...

Wow Cheryl what stunning creations hun i love the box absolutely beautiful. luv gina xx

Angel said...

WOW, hunnie,

Your work just keeps getting better..
Huggies Angel

Crafty Chris said...

Beautiful as always Cheryl gorgeous box and lovely image from SN.
Chris x

laney said...

WOW!! Cheryl you are so clever hun this is gorgeous!!!
hugs
laney

Suzi said...

Wow! Cheryl, you have been a busy girl, 4 beautiful creations. I don't know how you do it, but I love them all.
Hugs
Suzi x

wearestampers said...

What a beautiful little box! And you have a great eye for all the layers on your cards! They are just lovely!!
Pam

Liz said...

Lovely box Cheryl All your makes are great your a busy bee

Liz xx

Debbie said...

Gorgeous, love the entire project, that box is just over the top!!!

Hugs
Debbie

Susie Sugar said...

What a fantastic box and card very pretty
Thanks for joining us @ the DCD challenge this time please come back tomorrow for our new challenge
Hugs Susie Sugar xx

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh Cheryl,
All of these creations are SO gorgeous!!! Your creativity never stops and it is always such a feast for the eyes!!!
XO

Kat said...

The box is gorgeous Cheryl, what a lovely gift for your Mum. Love the card too, sweet image and lovely colours. And the butterflies are stunning. Hope you're having a more restful day today.

Kat xx

Jackie said...

Lovely creations, Cheryl, and the Mothers' Day box is stunning.

CraftyC said...

All again beautiful cheryl, love your little box!
Clairexx

friday feeling said...

Fabulous box - so beautiful & I love your card too - gorgeous image & layout Cheryl! I think the butterflies are really pretty too. Now will you just keep your foot (with added decoration) up & take it easy! I have decorating to do when I have some time at Easter - but I don't have broken bones in my foot!
Love Caroline x

Sue said...

Hi hun
oh wow your box is beautiful what a gorgeous gift,beautiful papers & embelies, your colour work on the little girl is fantastic, gorgeous creations as always hun, sue,x

Mandy said...

Hi Cheryl,
Wow you have been busy again,how do you manage it with all your painting as well..ove them all...Hope your not aching to much...Take care..
Mandy x

Cindy Haffner said...

All so so PRETTY!!~

debby4000 said...

Oh what a fabulous creations Cheryl.
luv
Debby

Spyder said...

Fabulous Cheryl!! Love everything about it. Love that bow! Thank you for joining Quirky Crafts this time round don't for get to pop back in two weeks to chose your favourites and ask your blogging buddies to vote for you too!
((Lyn))

Happy Days said...

Just stunning. I love that butterfly! x

pinky said...

Well you have been busy Cheryl. Love the box, gorgeous lush colours and so pretty. The card is heavenly, what a gorgeous image. Love your little doodles, the real artist always shows through:) Take it easy for a while now!!

Jill said...

ohh Cheryl I love the little box it' adorable and so beautifully made love your 8 x 8 card the image is gorgeous so cute hugs Jill xx

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

what? no jewels in that box? don't matter it's gorgeous! absolutely love the fri. sketchers card. she's stunning!

hugs :)

Tracy said...

Such beautiful projects Cheryl, I love them.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Netty said...

Gorgeous creations Cheryl, you certainly work very hard. Try and get a bit of rest so you don't totally wear yourself out my friend. Hugs Annette x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful pieces, as ever :) I love the butterflies.

Jan said...

This is just gorgeous! Love the colors and design :)

Diane said...

Thank you for entering your mothers day gift into the Quirky Crafts Challenge

Gez said...

Fabulous artwork Cheryl. Love, love, love your little girl :)

Hope you have a great week. Hugs, Gez.xx

Rose said...

Gorgeous creations Cheryl, I love your box, the butterfly is gorgeous, lovely card too!

Love, Rose x

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous box, and I love those cards!

Posh Cat Crafts said...

Fabulous box and card Cheryl, I adore the colour and well everything really stunning work again
Hugs
Tamara

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow Cheryl your work is amazing!
Take care.
hugs
kim x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow, what fabulous projects - the box is awesome! Amazing eye-candy as always Cheryl.
Love and hugs, Sylvia xxxx

PS: No wonder your foot is hurting - you never seem to take a rest! When you finally have the boot removed, are you going to "alter" it???!!!

Terry said...

Fantastic creations! Can't help but love them all!

maxine said...

Beautiful card Cheryl thanks for playing along at the crafty pad x

jaine the basement gal. said...

Wow what a gorgeous box Cheryl. You've really put some work in there. Beautiful idea for mothers day.

Mandy said...

Oh wow hun these are both gorgeous, I love the box Cheryl it's so pretty, and the card is so sweet. Those cards were a fab buy, they are about a fiver for 8 in my local craft shop.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our Mothers Day / girlie challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Betty said...

Hi Cheryl
Wow love the box its so pretty the butterflies are gorgeous, and your card is wonderful love the colour and design, i too have this image they are Adorable are'nt they, well i hope your having a good rest before you start decorating again, take it easy hun.
Hugs Betty x x

Mina said...

wow Cheryl that box is so beautifully made and your colouring of the adorable Connie is wow too...love them
Mina xxx

Chris A. said...

Cheryl both the box and card and the sketch challenge are awesome!
XO

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Cheryl,
I wrote something on my blog this morning and oh, I know you are busy painting, but whenever you get a chance, I'd love to hear your opinions about my subject because you are so creative!
XO

Sharon Caudle said...

Gorgeous work!! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!!
hugs, Sharon

aqualeiga said...

Stunning makes, both the card and the gift box. Thanks so much for joining us this week at THE CRAFTY PAD this week. Hugs, Ali x

Gunn (Merete) said...

A really beautiful card. Great image, and the layout and papers are fab. Thanks for joining us at SFTW.

Maria Matter said...

oh I love your box cheryl, so beautiful! all your creations are just so lovely hun!

Thinking of you & your foot, take care Cheryl!
hugs & blessings!

Claire Phillips said...

Great projects Cheryl - really love your box - what a lovely gift! Hope you can take a break from the painting....but I am guessing you find it hard to sit and relax! Take care Cheers Claire x

Linby said...

Lovely box. I love the shading on the jeans-great card.
Linbyx

Sarah said...

WOW!!! Cheryl these makes are beautiful your Box is gorgeous with all the detail but I do loveeeee you S/Nellie card she is coloured gorgeous love the pinks and blues you have used also chum, great butterflies too, and I hope you are resting chum,
Lots Hugs
Sarah x

Caro said...

That box is simply stunning. Thank you for joining in with us at Qurky crafts.

Maggie's Crafts said...

Simply stunning!

Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad :)

Please come back mid week for another great post!

Maggie
xx

Juls said...

gorgeous work! I love your little box! Hugs Juls