This is the new Linky tool,and would be really grateful if you would follow me.

Monday, 12 May 2014

CANVAS TUTORIAL

Morning guys well its raining here so perfect for crafting.
  I have been busy making another canvas,as you know I am now a DT member for That craft place and the girls asked me to do a tutorial on how to alter a canvas.
  So I wanted to share it with you guys too.

    So here it is;;;;;;;

STEP ONE

Take your canvas and cover with gesso,then if you are adding a picture or have an idea of what you want to add,draw around the picture.  This will guide you  were your other bits and pieces will go.


STEP 2


NOW you can begin to add any larger pieces of your choice.

STEP3

Now when you are happy with  your pieces stick these down using any type of adhesive,i used modge podge and tonic glue. Also if you wish to add your stencils using texture paste,do this now too as you need these to dry thoroughly.


STEP 4

Now the paste is all dry ready for next stage,as you see I decided not to add the frame at the top,so I did not stick this down.


STEP 5

Now I have just laid my picture on too see what it will look like,do not stick this down yet.

STEP 6

Now you can add all your pieces anything that's in your stash.


STEP 7

Now as you can see I changed my mind for my center piece which is the beauty of not committing to your original idea.
  In the center I have used tissue and some old bandages to create more texture. Once happy stick everything to your canvas.


STEP 8

Now you paint over the whole canvas with gesso,depending on your embellishments you have added you may need several coats. Mine took 3. Make sure your canvas is completely dry before the next stage.


STEP 9

Now your color,I have used sprays,inks paints mica and Twinkling H2'0's.

                       


THE FINISHED CANVAS

I added a few more bits to the canvas just to highlight several areas,this is up to you these do not have to be painted.

Well I hope your enjoyed my tutorial,hopefully you will have a go and get inky and messy,lol
hugs Cheryl.

Items what you will need.
Canvas,or piece of chipboard.
Gesso,
Modge Podge,
Any strong PVA glue,
Sprays,paints,or any type of colour.
Embellishments,
material,old bandages work well.
My canvas is sealed with Modge podge gloss.
Lots of the embellishments,gesso etc I bought from
Most of all have fun hugs cheryl xxx

32 comments:

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

Wow! Fantastic, thank you so much for the tutorial.

Junibears said...

Looks and sounds fantastic my dear! xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A fabulous piece of artwork, and a brilliant tutorial Cheryl - thanks so much for sharing. I have had some small canvasses for ages - now I know what to do with them!!
Hope all is well with you and yours my friend. Big hugs, Sylvia xxx

Crafting Queen said...

Very creative piece of work, love it.Have a great day.

Chrissy said...

Fabulous tutorial Cheryl and a masterpice was just waiting to happen...the colours came and oh! it is so beautiful..love it.

luv CHRISSYxx

Shairon said...

Beautiful canvas and great tutorial, Cheryl. Thanks for sharing and inspiring me to have a go. xx

Pam said...

Thanks for the step by step, lovely canvas!

Jo said...

Brilliant tutorial Cheryl and a fabulous canvas too, thanks so much, the colours are just stunning & there's so much to look at! I've been wanting to have a go at a canvas for so long, just didn't really know where to start...thanks so much for the inspiration, my 1st canvas is now primed & ready to go although it is only a mini one lol!
hugs Jo x

rachel said...

wonderful tutorial Cheryl - I love all of this and will definitely be having a go! Fabulous! Hugs rachel x

Margreet said...

Brilliant tutorial with a gorgeous end result Cheryl...thanks for sharing!
xxx Margreet

catherine said...

So fabulous Cheryl and thanks so much for a fantastic tutorial. Will really kick start the ole mojo for sure!!
x catherine

Dawn C said...

OMG thats beautiful Cheryl, your work is awe inspiring. xx

1CardCreator said...

Thank you for sharing Cheryl that is an amazing piece too! ~Diane

Linda Simpson said...

Stunning Canvas Cheryl, a brilliant tutorial too thank you so much for sharing.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sue said...

WOW!! Your canvas is stunning Cheryl, full of gorgeous detailing and wonderful colours. I am so grateful to you for sharing such a fabulous step by step tutorial as I would love to try something like this to push myself out of my comfort zone.
Big Hugs Sue xx

Fliss said...

A wonderful tutorial Cheryl and your finished artwork looks stunning.
Fliss xx

Annie said...

thank you for sharing this 'how to' Cheryl :-)
Love the finished canvas and it was so great tp view each step

TFS and Best Wishes
Annie x

Karen Petitt said...

THANK YOU!!!
Sorry to shout Cheryl but I have not had a clue where to start. I've stamped on canvas and made lovely scenes and that but I have wanted to do more for a very long time and now I know how - thank you so very, very much Karen xx

Sherryn said...

Great Tutorial Cheryl xx

scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Cheryl,
What a great tutorial,I prepare mine the same way, Easy to follow Tutorial, it will help many who want to venture into mixed media.
Smiles:)
Sue

Sandy said...

Wonderful Cheryl - I needed some inspiration this morning and here you are. Fantastic tutorial! Thanks Kid!!
Sandy xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Amazing, thanks for sharing the steps.

Carol said...

This is a gorgeous canvas Cheryl, love the colours. Thanks for the tutorial. Carol x

Michele said...

wow Cheryl this is brilliant! i love how you changed your mind and still came up with something fabulous. you are the best. xo

Cumbrianlass said...

Well Cheryl, I have just read this tutorial, ( a bit late I know ) I have never done any work using a canvas, but will definitely put it on my list to do now. Your tutorial was fabulous and explained everything so well. Thank you.
Janet xxx

Terry said...

I am drooling over this canvas! This has such a wow factor in so many ways! The steps to perfection are amazing! Love it! Hugs!

Ira Huberts said...

That is one splendid tutorial Cheryl, loved every single step of it and of course the result, gorgeous canvas!! Have a lovely weekend, hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Diane said...

Very fun designs and tutorial.

Hugs Diane

Jackie said...

It's wonderful. Thanks for showing all the steps. Jx

Juls said...

ooooh wow, LOVE it!! hugs Juls

Kathyk said...

I like your second choice waaaay better (not that there was anything wrong with the first either) - love your choice of colours too

Kathyk

Linby said...

Great tutorial hun, I must refer back to this when I finally get around to doing the ones I bought, I think I'm scared of messing it up!
Linbyx