This is the new Linky tool,and would be really grateful if you would follow me.

Sunday, 15 June 2014

SOME ALTERED ART

Morning guys,hope you are all well the weather has been,glorious bit cloudy today,but much easier to work when its not quite so hot.

Anyway I have been playing again with one of the dress forms from That Craft Place,oh and did I have fun,will be getting more of these to play with so I can display them around my craft room.

I also made a hanging plaque,wooden,and that is hanging up in my room at the moment too.

So first my dress form.






First of all I covered the dress in,bits of paper,then I mixed some croco crackle paint,together and used my palette knife to apply it to the dress. Then I used,salty ocean,and festive berries distress inks then added some embellishments chains etc.
The base comes with the dress form,but I took an old wooden stamp removed the image,painted it with black gesso,then used flitter gule and stamped onto the block then added gilding flakes to it.
oh I added some tiny playing cards that came in a cracker,at Xmas for the bottom of the dress.

Now for my altered wooden stamp block,here are some pictures,before I altered it so show you what i mean.




 When,you remove the stamp from the block it normally comes of clean but this is an old stamp so I soaked it in soapy water,then painted it with gesso.
Here is the finished,piece using crackle paste,glitter shimmer paste,stencils image stamped onto,tissue paper then adhered to the block. Then just added,elements all available from That Craft Place.

Well I am now off to take the dogs for there walk so will be back later to see what you have all been up to hugs Cherylxxx

Challenges,
squirrel and the fox anything metal have used metal embellishments available from That Craft place.
anything but a card anything,but a card.Summer colours on my dress form,and the picture was taken outside in my garden on a lovely hot sunny day.




33 comments:

Jo said...

Wow, love that dress form Cheryl & my daughter would too......think I might have to start making a Christmas list lol!
hugs Jo x

Crafting Queen said...

Two great creations!!!

brenda said...

You certainly have been having some inky indulgence here Cheryl, both are fabulous but it's that dress form that has to edge it for me.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

B x

Avril Ann said...

WOW, Cheryl, what an amazing piece of altered art, love both pieces, but I am a sucker for anything girly stunning my friend,

Annette G said...

smashing altered art Cheryl, hugs Annette x

rachel said...

wonderful dressform Cheryl and what a clever idea for the stamp block - cool! Hugs to you xx

Sue said...

These are both gorgeous works of art Cheryl, I love the idea of re-using old wooden stamps, I know I have plenty that I will never use again xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, these are two wonderful pieces.

Terry said...

Two stunning altered creations, Cheryl! Love them both! Hugs!

Michele said...

oh cheryl the dress form is truly brilliant! such color and texture and wonderfulness all around! now i never even heard of an altered wooden stamp! it is gorgeous as well! xo

Lia said...

After being away for 3 weeks I am admiring everything yoy've made during this time! It's all real artwork I see!!
You are amazing Cheryl!!!
Lia xx

Suze Bain said...

Wow, stunning dress form Cheryl (oh, to have a waist like that, lol!) xx

aussie aNNie said...

wow this is another awesome Cheryl creation...just gorgeous.xxx luv aNNie
The Journey is the Start

Pam said...

Awesome work on the dress form, love the little cards at the bottom! And very cool collage on that stamp block!

Ira Huberts said...

Your altered pieces are fabulous as always Cheryl! Love your dressform with the playing cards at the bottom, such fab details and only you can come up with something as gorgeous as an altered stamping block, brilliant! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Lisette Baker said...

Fabulous project, and you totally nailed it! I especially love the little playing cards.Thanks for sharing with us at Anything But A Card this time.

vic said...

Wow this is just amazing!!! All those gorgeous colours what a fab creation :)

Vic x

SARN said...

Great altered art Cheryl . . . such a lot of detail xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

I love your dress form Cheryl absolutely wonderful. What a brilliant idea to do with your wooden stamp block wow you would never recognise it! Susan x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

I love your dress form Cheryl absolutely wonderful. What a brilliant idea to do with your wooden stamp block wow you would never recognise it! Susan x

Linby said...

Love the dress for so much - especially the playing card hem.
Congrats on your new DT role.
Linbyx

Jackie said...

Your decorated dress form looks fab, Cheryl, and I really like the altered wooden block - such a wonderful idea Jx

Faheem Zia said...

For All Latest Hot Current Affairs
www.hotcurrentaffairs.com

Faheem Zia said...

For All Latest Hot Current Affairs
www.hotcurrentaffairs.com

Pop's Cards said...

OHH sweetie these are just gorgeous!! hugs Pops x x

Sheri said...

Very cute. thanks for playing in ABAC challenge blog

Dora said...

Wow this is fabulous .. a true work of art, love it and love your altered wood creation .. you are so creative xxx

Dora said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dora said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda Simpson said...

Stunning dress form, loving the plaque too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Emma Williams said...

Two fabulous and very innovative pieces of art...they're fantastic! Thank you for sharing your projects and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

Eileen Dobson said...

Stunning, thanks for sharing them with us over at The Squirrel and The Fox.

Chrissy said...

Fantastic projects Cheryl..I love the dress form..what wonderful work of art..and cant believe what you did with an old wooden stamp block...fabulous as always.

luv CHRISSYxx