This is the new Linky tool,and would be really grateful if you would follow me.

Sunday, 6 July 2014

DECORATE A BAG

Morning guys well over at That Craft Place the theme this week is decorate a bag,.  To be honest when I knew what the challenge was my heart,sank as I could not think what to do.

So I took some material all from TCP and got out my needle and thread as I do not have a sewing machine,and came up with  this.

I know its not great,but turned out better than I thought it would to be honest,everything apart from the ribbon,and the tiny wee,pictures are all from TCP

So there you go,if you would like to play,please pop over HERE and just have fun,would love to see some ideas oh how to decorate a bag.

I will be announcing,soon who has won my,book,the post below,so if you would still like to be in with a chance of winning,it just leave me a comment. That is all you have to do,and I will pick at random org,and send the winner my book.

  I have to apologize to all my blogging friends,for not visiting you but my son is now back living at home,and things are rather hard at the moment so please bear with me please.
  Would hate to loose my blogging buddies,

Just before I go I would like to show you this,dress form I decorated again from TCP 






I started by,sticking,some material,to the top of the dress form, then at the bottom I stuck down an old shoe lace,then,on top I added some tin foil,then painted the whole thing. The wings,I put some,texture paste down,waited for it to set then painted and sprayed the wings too.
I attached the wings,by putting holes into the wings,then tying them,to the body of the dress form. Then finally added some embellishments,to the wings,and body.
On top of the dress,I added one large cog,painted,and then a tiny cotton reel and a wee knob to finish.
  Then just added some red thread from my stash.
Final stage was to varnish it all.

So if you would like any of the items,I have used please pop over to the shop,Lisa and Danny are amazing and so helpful too first class service all the way.
   The link is HERE we also have a chatter and natter page with lots of inspiration which is also HERE

 So for now,that is it from me,so do not forget to join in our challenge,over HERE

Lots of love Cheryl xxxxxxxxx




21 comments:

Jackie said...

I think your bag is great - I would never be able to do that! I love how you decorated the body form. Fab! Jx

Chrissy said...

I always give a shudder when I see alter a bag too Cheryl..I'm a card girl..but your bag is fabulous and I love the penny farthing...love your dress form with those wonderful wings...fantastic textures and love all the charms...gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A beautiful bag and a wonderful altered dress form. Great work.

Pam said...

You did an amazing job on your hand sewn bag Cheryl!! And a very creative dress form as well!

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant Cheryl, only you could do it, I certainly couldn't ...wonderful result..♥aNNie xx
The Journey is the Start

Fliss said...

Absolutely gorgeous Cheryl and your hand sewing is rather better than mine!
Love that fabulous dress form too, such amazing texture.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Crafting Queen said...

Two lovely creations.

Linda Simpson said...

Love the bag Cheryl, and the mannequin is stunning!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Ira Huberts said...

You have altered your bag fabulously Cherry, it has such lovely details! And your dress form is a regular eye catcher! Enjoy your Sunday, hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Terry said...

I love the altered burlap bag and even more so that it was all stitched up by hand. Lovely dress form as well! Hugs!

Chris x said...

Beautiful creations Cheryl gorgeous work.
Chris x

rachel said...

great bag cheryl and fab dressform too. wonderful work. hope ur ok xx

Sue said...

Your bag is gorgeous Cheryl, I love all your detailing. The dress forom looks amazing too. Your designs are always so unique and so inspiring.
I hope things get easier at home for you soon.
hugs Sue xx

Sherryn said...

your projects are amazing. Hope all is well xx

Brenda Brown said...

Both great project to Cheryl. Have a great week xx

1CardCreator said...

Love the purse and the dress form Cheryl, and don't worry you won't lose your friends! ~Diane

Michele said...

oh cheryl your decorated bag is genius! anyone would happily carry that bag. and another fabulous dress form too. you are brilliant. xo

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Oh Wow Cheryl ! -the altered dress form is awesome, and what a great job you did with the bag too - I wouldn't have known where to start with that challenge!
Hope all is well with you and yours my friend - hugs, Sylvia xxx

Nancy Y said...

Love your beautiful altered bag Cheryl! You did an amazing job creating it!!! The dress form is gorgeous too! Both pieces are absolutely incredible! Beautiful work!
Nancy xx :D

Doreen said...

Love your gorgeous bag Cheryl,and what a fabulous job with the dressfom.Love your beautiful creations.xxx

hassan mouse said...

Find best Online Jobs on Facebook...
JobzCorner