This is the new Linky tool,and would be really grateful if you would follow me.

Sunday, 23 November 2014

Back with news and my DT project

Morning guys well its been a long and worrying week,but thankfully,now on the mend.

I went to the hospital last Friday just for a scan,but as I was bleeding heavily at the time,they decided to do a bi- opsy which meant waiting for 5 days for the results.  They did tell me,due to me being on HRT and my age it could be cancer so you know how worried I have been,  Anyway during the scan,I was in a lot of pain thinking it was due to bleeding but they found some cysts on my ovaries.

Anyway they rang me on Friday to say I am fine,no cancer to say it was  relief was an understatement,I still have to go back to the hospital after Christmas due to the,cysts they may get bigger she said and may need to have a full hysterectomy but I can handle that.  I have an appointment with my GP on Tuesday to talk about my blood,and lack of iron,but hopefully will get it all sorted soon.

 So I wanted to thank you all for your pateience with me,so been a rough time,but now I am back on the mend will be able to pop over soon.

I have one more bit of Fantastic news my darling Daughter Lisa is,12 weeks pregnant,never thinking she was getting there bless her,so please meet my first grandson,or granddaughter,


Now I am so excited,at least now I can concentrate on my,family me being a granny how super cool is that.

Okay sorry,now for my DT project over at That Craft place the theme again this week is anything goes,and I made this for my daughters best friend for Christmas one of Lisa's fab owls she sells in her shop.


I covered the owl in a stencil,using texture paste gold,then I used some medium to seal it all,then added the numbers,for the clock,added some tiny jewels in the center of the flowers.

So if you would like to play in our challenge this week,please pop over HERE love hugs to you all,and thank you for staying with me,hugs Cherylxxxxxx

18 comments:

Fliss said...

Hi Cheryl, so glad to hear you've had some better news than expected as I'm sure it must be so worrying for you.
Great news on Lisa too and wishing her all the best whilst she's expecting.
Gorgeous and quirky owl too - a stunner!
Wishing you all the best too and do take care.
Hugs, Fliss xxx

Sue said...

Oh my goodness Cheryl, no wonder you were so worried, poor you. I hope you start to feel better soon.
Such fabulous news about your daughter, congratulations all round.
Your owl clock is stunning, I love the fabulous design and gorgeous touches of gold.
Take care, hugs Sue xx

Lia said...

Thanks for the good news Cheryl!! And it's great you going to be an grandma!
I can tell you: it's sooo much fun having grandchildren. We always glad seeing them coming (but also seeing them leaving, LOL!!)
Your clock is gorgeous. You always have soo great ideas!
Lia xx

Carol said...

Good to hear you're getting sorted out Cheryl and congratulations on your wonderful news. Love your clock, it looks fabulous. Carol x

Irene said...

OMW your life was completely upside down poor you but luckily no horrible news even though the coming surgery isn't the best christmas present ever (you will be surprised though how much better you'll be once everything is removed!!). Huge congrats on the new addition to the family...you can start thinking about being a very creative granny and make stunning things for the nursery!!
Hang in there Cheryl!!!!

xx Irene

brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brenda said...

First of all huge congratulations on the wonderful baby news, really something exciting to look forward to Cheryl.

Sorry to read about your other problems, and if means the 'big one' rest assured the op is nothing like it used to be years ago and you will fee so much better afterwards. I had one when I was 36 and that's a good few years ago but even then it was only five days in hospital. Sounds like you are in good hands.

Nearly forgot your your fabulous Owl, he's awesome.

B x

Crafting Queen said...

Two wonderful bits of news. You must be so excited about the baby. Love the owl, so cute.

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my Cheryl you sure have been put through the wringer haven't you! So happy for your news on grandchild and I hope you get sorted soon.

A beautiful owl clock, love the texture.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Chrissy said...

Well...what started off as a nerve racking post turned into very goods news for you Cheryl..so pleased for you. and once the cysts have gone [and everything else] you will feel like a box of birds.Had that myself years ago and never looked back..AND SUPER Congratulations Gran..how exciting and thrilling all rolled into one..that is just wonderful news..
And now for your stunning Owl clock..I just love it..the gold stenciling is just beautiful..he is adorable.

luv CHRISSYxx

Avril Ann said...

Oh Cheryl my friend, what a worry, my lovely, so glad that your will get treatment and that it is not the dreaded C...brilliant news about the new baby joining your family next year, so happy for you, as for your DT work, amazing as always, love and hugs always xxx

Sherryn said...

Hi Cheryl. Your owl is gorgeous. Congrats to Lisa. You will love being a grandmother. Glad your health scare is over and you are feeling better. xx

Ira Huberts said...

Huge congratulations are in order Cheryl! I am so so very happy to hear that your health issues are much less serious than you initially thought, even though you may have to undergo surgery. No doubt the wonderful baby news of your daughter will help you get through this! Sending lots of love and hugs your way, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner

Ira Huberts said...

Goodness me Cheryl, I forgot to comment on your gorgeous owl! It's another masterpiece, really pretty!!
Ira’s Crea Corner

Dawn C said...

Oh hon, at least you have had the best news, that its not the big C! Glad to hear that at least you are being looked after & treated & what wonderful news re your daughter too. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful. Everything about this design, colour and papers used are gorgeous.xx
The Journey is the Start

Sue said...

Wow what a week for you Cheryl! So glad that things aren't as bad as you first thought, and huge congratulations Grandma! Your owl is beautiful too! xx

Michele said...

this owl clock is nothing short of brilliant. but most brilliant of all is that you are cancer free and on the road to being a grandma! sending you lots of love and joy! xo