This is the new Linky tool,and would be really grateful if you would follow me.

Sunday, 4 January 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND FIRST DT OF 2015

Hi guys,well I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas I know I did.
My children,were amazing talk about surprised,my son bought me a sewing machine,and my daughter bought me a brand new Nikon camera,talk about spoilt I was so chuffed.

I am so lucky to have 2 amazing children,here is one of the pictures I have taken with my new camera. This was taken,through my window,and he was on the other side of my garden.


Now for That Craft Place DT time,and the theme this week is Monochromatic.  So I decided to make a bag,now I have never ever had a sewing machine before,and never learned to sew at all. So I downloaded a pattern from the internet,looked at it and it made no sense to me at all,so it went in the bin.

So I decided to take one of my shopping bags,and try and copy that,so this is how it turned out not perfect I know but its my very first go.

This is the front of the bag had just enough to make a tiny pocket.

This is the other side of the bag.
 So if you would like to see what the rest of the DT have done and play in our first challenge of 2015 please go HERE.

And happy new year to each and everyone of you 
hugs Cherylxxxxx

20 comments:

Kathyk said...

Hi Cheryl, lovely Christmas gifties from your thoughtful children and some lovely pieces of work from both gifts too.

Happy New Year

Kathyk

brenda said...

Wonderful work Cheryl and something a little different as well. Great photo - looks like a Bullfinch ?

Wishing you a Happy New Year.

B x

Juls said...

Oooooooh wow wow wow, this is just gorgeous :-) xx

Pam said...

Happy New Year Cheryl! Your bag looks great for not sewn before!! Enjoy your gifts!!

aussie aNNie said...

Love this Cheryl, looks awesome and love the pic of the gorgeous bird....have a good start to this new year.xxx
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful bag, well done on your first sewing project. Happy New Year to you.

Irene said...

Happy 2015 Cheryl and your kids did spoil you big time!!! Your first sewing attempt looks perfectly fine to my, I have a wonderful machine and don't do anything with it.....shame on me *lol*!! Maybe something for the new year????

xx Irene

Doreen said...

Love your bag...what wonderful presents you got.xxxx

Sue said...

Happy New Year Cheryl, I am pleased you had a good Christmas.
Your bag is gorgeous, I love the design and beautiful fabric.
hugs Sue xx

Margreet said...

Happy New Year Cheryl!
You made a lovely bag!
xxx Margreet

Chrissy said...

Wishing you a very Happy an Healthy New Year 2015 Cheryl...You have made a wonderful bag and you were a lucky girl with such lovely gifts.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Linda Simpson said...

Happy New Year Cheryl I hope it is a good one. Your bag is gorgeous and love the lace and cute pocket.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Carol said...

Your bag looks wonderful Cheryl...great use of your new sewing machine. Brilliant photo too, looks like your camera is the business. Happy New Year to you too. Carol x

Sue B said...

Hi Cheryl… Happy New Year hun! I'm glad you had a lovely Christmas and what fab pressies you got! I love your photo of the bird… so clear and perfect colours!
Oh your bag is wonderful sweetie… I think you've done just fine without a pattern… sometimes it's better to just go with the flow… you obviously have a talent for sewing as this looks awesome! Love the lace and the little pocket! :-))
Hope you've had a lovely evening!
Big hugs, Sue B xx

Ira Huberts said...

Happy New Year to you dear Cheryl! You do have wonderful children indeed, such amazing presents which you will enjoy so much! Love your sewing bag, it looks wonderful! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Sherryn said...

Awesome project Cheryl. Happy New Year xx

Michele said...

Cheryl i am so happy for the very merry Christmas you had! you're doing fabulously with the camera and i can't believe you made such a fabulous bag from an internet pattern when you had never used a sewing machine before. you know you're a pure genius, right? love it all! happy new year! xo

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

I know I say this all the time, but, i soooo love your work. Fab project x

Terry said...

Oh do tell what Nikon? I got a Nikon 9700 this last week. Lovely gifts from your children and love your sewing projects!!! Enjoy your new toys and Happy New Year! Hugs!

Jackie said...

A belated Happy New Year to you too, Cheryl.
What a fabulous present and such an amazing photo you have taken with it.
I love your bag. Such a good idea to have two different sides. I love them both! Jx